Thursday, April 28, 2011

you never looked so beautiful

Yesterday I had a blast! I went to Chicago with a friend of mine to see her apartment which was beautiful and had a modern twist. Loved it! Then we went to Lush and I got a free hand massage when I walked in which was lovely. We went shopping at Water Tower Place and enjoyed chocolates from Ghirardelli that were handed to us as we walked in.

My friend and I were talking about the Chicago Code and just as we stopped, I passed Jenifer Beals! I looked her in the eyes and I thought, Hey, I know her, but it caught me off guard so it took me a minute to realize how I knew her and she's from the Chicago Code. INSANE. So I turned around and yelled,"Jennifer!" I mean, seriously, what was I supposed to say? Anyways, she was so sweet, she turned around, smiled and waved as she went on with her day. She wasn't filiming but just walking around the city. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of her but I felt like it would have been so tacky, it was just her, my friend and I on the street, I didn't want to bother her with such nonsense. If she was doing a signing or something that would be different, but when you're up close and personal, you realize that celebrities are people too.

After the little run-in with Jennifer, we headed over to a restaurant that gave us a free appetizer buffet when we ordered drinks so that a nice-- a low key dinner. After dinner we headed back to my friend's apartment so she could gather some things to take back home with her and then we headed off to a nearby bar and sat and had drinks for awhile. It was really nice. I had a wonderful time.

Every time I'm in the city I feel like it's my other half, my lover, my best friend. I feel so complete when I'm in the city. It's easy to get lost in a city that has no problem swallowing you up, but for me, Chicago will always be home, my true love.

^visit Lush, you'll get a free hand massage

^water tower place

^inside of water tower place, it wasn't that
crowded since we went on a wednesday
in the middle of the afternoon


^jennifer beals with costar jason clarke. i
still can't believe I saw her, she's just so beautiful.

^drinks at a nearby bar
^chicago never looked so beautiful

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool that you got to see her in person and say "hi" to her! I have always wanted to run into a celebrity on the street. And what a beautiful night view of the city.

    ReplyDelete